Thursday, February 21, 2008

Check Yourself (Part 1 in a series)

Too many of us go through life on autopilot. We get up, have our morning coffee, and go to work. We finish work, have supper, watch TV and go to bed. The next day, we get up and do it all over again, never stopping to think, I mean really think, about our lives. What am I doing with my life? What purpose does it serve? Is this all there is?

Socrates said, "An unexamined life is not worth living." So true. When is the last time you sat down and honestly examined your life? I'd like to challenge us to examine our lives by looking at the following questions:
  • What do I want?
  • Whose am I?
  • Why am I here?
  • Who am I?
  • Where am I going?

Over the next few days or weeks, I'll be writing entries that address, and help us explore, each of these questions.

No comments: